For you to have your best year yet ahead, there’s something you’ll need to understand and believe in…. YOU are the author of YOUR destiny. Yes life happens, takes control of you at times, and obstacles appear at a time you least expect it! Still, you are in control and by managing how you react and respond to these surprise twists in your life story, you can still direct your journey. Life throws all sorts of curve balls at me ALL the time, and adopting this mantra has really helped me to be assertive and stay focused this month.
If you’re struggling to keep yourself on track on with your own ambitions and dreams, and making yourself a priority on your own to-do list, my mantra may be useful to you too)!
- I have the ability to determine what becomes of my life. With every decision I make and every action I take, I write on the pages of the book of my life.
- I become what I do. Therefore, I only choose to do the things that bring me closer to where I want to be. Who I become is the result of all the actions that I take. Therefore, the outcome of my life is a direct result of the decisions I make today.
- It is up to me to achieve my dreams. Hope alone lacks the power to bring my dreams to fruition. When my actions join hands with hope, I am unstoppable!
- To stay in control of my destiny, I start out with baby steps. One small adjustment each day gets me one step closer to my goals. I am patient when progress is slow, keeping the end result in mind. The sweet taste of success is my fuel.
- Self-reflection helps me improve areas where I am weak. I confront my weaknesses with a plan for change. Absent from fear, I use my imperfections as a trampoline from which I bounce back higher than before.
- I stay the course, even when discouragement abounds. Regardless of the past, I begin to steer my life in a new direction today.
- The harder things get, the more determined I become. I am deeply committed to my goals and I pursue my aspirations with steadfast resolve.
- Today, I choose to enjoy the journey by celebrating my progress. I embrace my life with joy and a positive attitude. I look forward to the future I am creating for myself.
By adopting this mantra you’ll become more assertive, you appear self-assured, confident, declarative, definite, emphatic, and positive about what you want.
You might not like the way something has taken place, but you’re able to stand up for yourself and appropriately say and pursue what you require, without feeling frustrated or being selfish.
You’re simply asking for or stating what you want to happen with confidence and courtesy.
Some Self-Reflection Questions for you to answer in the pursuit of your best year yet:
- What do I need to do to get to where I deserve to be?
- How can I align my actions with my dreams?