Until I followed my fiancé to Albania in 2007, I had always had a job with Educational programs and institutions and never gave much thought to my life’s direction, as life was sailing by smoothly! However, 4 months into our move to Albania (my first as an accompanying partner) I wasn’t so excited about expat life any more, as I was no longer working and felt I’d lost a part who I was.
Looking back at this time, I can see the expatriation to Albania being one of the greatest gifts I’ve had in life. Why? Because it forced me to do some deep inner soul searching and reflect on what I was passionate about and on what I REALLY wanted. Career and Life Coaching was something I’d loved doing during my career, and was what I wanted to be trained in while working at the Business Schools. Hence, certification in these two coaching streams followed in 2012 and 2013, allowing me to set up my portable Career Coaching Business. I haven’t looked back since…
- Do you want to thrive and find fulfillment in a career that you love and that you can practice no matter where you live in the world?
- Is it important for you to maintain a professional identity as you trot around the globe or from city to city in your own country?
- Are you just ready for a new career adventure that will bring you a sense of fulfillment that you have been missing but that you are craving?
The way to go forward for you could be to define and create a portable career!
A portable career:
* is defined by what you love to do
* enhances your skills and talents
* will let you do what you love no matter where you are on the globe
* can be picked up and planted again elsewhere if you move on to a different location.
In the weeks ahead I’ll be guiding you through approximately 13 steps in defining and creating a portable career. Enjoy the journey!